ABOUT OUR SCHOOL
Hello and welcome Garden Fields School. I am Mr. Farrugia and I have been headteacher here since January 2017. At our school, we aim to develop our children not just academically but also socially and morally, with a high level of pastoral care, a wide variety of enrichment and extra-curricular opportunities and a stimulating and exciting curriculum.
Garden Fields is a three-form entry school just north of the city centre. Dating back to 1896 and our old home in Catherine Street, we are one of the oldest schools in St Albans. In the 1970’s we moved to our existing school site, with its fabulous grounds and teaching spaces, including a large school field, a forest school area, outdoor theatre and five playgrounds. We also have our own library, two halls and a canteen area. Additionally, we have our own breakfast and after school club, ‘The Hub’, which operates onsite.
Should you have any further queries, please telephone or email to talk to us or to book a visit to the school – you will be most welcome!
Andrew Farrugia, Headteacher
SATs (Standard Assessment Test) Results
These are tests given at the end of year 2 and year 6. They are used to show progress compared with other children of the same age. View the following results for Garden Fields School below (all results are in percentages).
- DfE Information for Parents of children in Years 2 & 6
- DfE Information for Parents of children in Year 2 – information about test results at the end of KS1
- DfE Information for Parents of children in Year 6 – information about test results at the end of KS2
- Academic Performance Summary 2019
- Academic Performance Summary 2018
- Academic Performance Summary 2017