Parents/carers are given access to blogs via an email from the school. If you have not recieved an email please contact the school office.
You can click the FOLLOW button in the blog so that when a new post is added, you will be notified by email. The school blogs are intended for parents of children at GFS ONLY. We ask that you not to share images from the blog on any of your own social media platforms.
Year Group Blogs
Year Group 2022 (Reception)
Year Group 2021 (Year 1)
Year Group 2020 (Year 2)
Year Group 2019 (Year 3)
Year Group 2018 (Year 4)
Year Group 2017 (Year 5)
Year Group 2016 (Year 6)
Questions & Answers
- What are the year group blogs for? – The year group blogs are essentially a communication tool. Teachers will be able to post items such as news, photographs, details of homework, examples of work, and anything they wish to share with their pupils and parents. Pupils may also have the opportunity to post on the blog from the classroom under staff supervision.
- How often should I check the blog? – You should check the blog as often as you can but ideally once a week. The teacher will inform you if homework related items are posted on there.
- Can I set up notification that a new post has been added to a blog? – Yes! You can subscribe to a blog by adding your email address and an email will be sent when a new post has been added. To do this click the FOLLOW button on the side bar of the blog you wish to follow.
- Can everyone see the blog? – The blog is NOT in a password protected area so is visible to everyone who has the link. This has been done to allow for ease of access. Teachers will not post any sensitive items onto the blogs and posts are closely monitored.
- I don’t want photos/videos of my child on the blog. What should I do? – The school office/ teachers have a record of which parents have given permission for us to use photos/videos of their children. Please contact the school office if you wish to check your status. Your class teacher will do their best to ensure your child’s photo is not used if you have requested this.
- I don’t have a computer at home but would like to check the blog. – You can access the blog from any computer that has internet access (via the school website). You can do this in any of the public libraries or if you wish to use a computer at school, please ask at the school office.
- Can I see the blog on my mobile phone? – Yes. If you have access to the internet on your mobile phone, you can access the blogs. The view from a mobile phone is slightly different and you may have to click into a news item to read it fully but all the information is still accessible.
- Which blog should I be looking at? – The blogs are named after the year in which your child started school so if your child started school in 2009, Year Group 2009 will be their blog from Reception to Year 6.
- I would like to give feedback about the blogs. Who should I contact? – If you have any feedback or comments about our blogs, please either speak to the school office or email: email@example.com.