We are a dedicated team of mums, dads and teachers across all year groups who work hard to:
- raise money on behalf of the school for “extras”
- provide FUN events for children, parents and teachers
- contribute to the sense of community within the school
All parents are automatically members of the PTA and we always welcome new parents to join the Committee. We are flexible and welcome all and any help you can give! You can contact us at any time by sending an email to: .
Volunteering to help with PTA events is now simple and accessible. Please sign up through PTA-EVENTS.
Please see the School Calendar for full details of each event.
Planned events in 2022/23 were – please look out for our emails…
- Outdoor Cinema – 29th September 2022
- Neon Disco – 4th November 2022
- Christmas Wreath Making – 24 November 2022
- Christmas Fair – 3rd December 2022
- Pantomime (Alban Arena) – 11th December 2022
- PARTY IN YOUR PJs – 3rd March 2023
- Mothers Day Sale – 17th March 2023
- Quiz Night – 24th March 2023
- Summer Fair – 8th July
End of year update – what we raised!
End of year update – what we spent!
Easy ways to raise money...
- MATCHED GIVING (PDF) – This document explains how companies/employers can help with our fund-raising efforts.
- GIFT AID DECLARATION FORM (PDF) – Donating through Gift Aid means we can claim an extra 25p for every £1 you give.
- PRE-OWNED SCHOOL UNIFORM – We welcome donations of uniform in good condition your child has outgrown (including PE kits, coats, book bags, etc). Please hand these in at the school office in a bag marked PTA. The PTA hold regular second-hand uniform sales during the year and also at major PTA events or you can purchase online for collection at the school office or delivery to child’s classroom: PTA Secondhand uniform ording online.
- TEXTILE RECYCLING – Raise money for the PTA and recycle at the same time! The recycle bank can be found by the school bike sheds. Items we collect are: adult and children clothing, shoes and trainers, handbags and belts, sheets, curtains and towels. All items must be clean, dry, wearable clothing and shoes paired. Please place in tied bags. More information: www.uktextilerecycling.co.uk
- EASY FUNDRAISING – If you shop online, why not raise money for Garden Fields School? It won’t cost you a penny and all it means is an extra couple of clicks before you visit your normal online retailer in the usual way. There are over 2000 retailers (such as M&S, Amazon, Argos, John Lewis) and you can earn the school up to 15% every time you shop. Click the link above to see how easy it is to register and start raising money!
- DIRECT DONATION – You can make a direct donation to GFS PTA any time; it’s quick, simple, commission-free & 100% secure!
How to help...
- Come and join us on the Committee!
- Become a ‘Friend’ of the PTA
- Volunteer to help using PTA-EVENTS
- Do you have a ‘useful’ skill? (eg. craft, face painting, cooking…)
- Can your company provide a raffle prize?
- Can you sponsor an event/ provide printing etc?
- Come along and support our events
- Company matched giving
- Give us feedback and suggestions on events and spending of funds
- Gift Aid/ recycling/ EasyFundraising/ name tag
Stay in touch...
Make sure you have signed up to stay in touch…
- Facebook – a closed Facebook Group used to communicate events and activities run by the PTA.
- Email & Whatsapp – each of the year groups have a contact email list managed by parents. Contact your Year Group Rep to make sure your details are on the list.
- PTA-EVENTS – (formally PlanSocial) is used to communicate to parents as well as for parents to sign up to volunteer.